Wednesday 14 September 2016

Morecambe Bay Storm vs Walney Terriers (11/09/2016)


For those of you who don't know I started playing American Football this year for the newly formed Morecambe Bay Storm! I've absolutely loved it, especially since switching from Wide Receiver to Aceback (kind of a cross between Outside Linebacker and Strong Safety). Unfortunately my car accident a few weeks ago has given me whiplash and I'm still in pain from it so not going to be playing for the foreseeable future. You can't imagine how devastated I am.

Anyway on Sunday, the Storm played the first of 3 games we require to gain access to the league next year. Although we went down 36-0 there are many positives we can take from this considering we were playing against a team who have been around for 5 years (including 2 in the league), we have only been around for 7 months and our secondary defence was ravaged by injuries (3 non-starters and another injury during the game).
Photo by Vincent Spratling
Photo by Vincent Spratling
Photo by Vincent Spratling
Photo by Chris Baines
For my part I thought we showed good intensity and our defence was absolutely solid in the first half (although tiring legs led to a bit of a flurry in the second half). Our offence ran well (especially Danny Mclellan, but I would say the receivers need to get more separation. All in all a great effort and our second game should go better against a less experienced team and with us having played that first game. 

Come down on the 25th to Trimpell and see us play - the more support the better! And of course if you want to join in then come along - training is on Mondays and Thursday Evenings at Salt Ayre.

On a personal note I want to thank all the sponsors, our coaching staff and especially Scud for putting this altogether. I hope to start personal training this week and then team training the week after the Burnley game hopefully able to play in our 3rd game.

No comments:

Post a Comment