Monday 12 September 2016

1/23 Grenadier Battalion, German Engineers and Mess

So as previously mentioned, on here and on Facebook, I was undecided as to how I was going to base my Grenadiers. Well I've decided to go for the column formation and here are the results:



1st Grenadiers have the white stripes on the helmets and red lapels whilst 23rd Grenadiers have the red stripe and no lapels. Both units had Silver Helmet faces. The lapels etc are based of the parent regiments colours from which they are drawn. For whatever reason this was standard practice throughout the armies of the Seven Years War - although there were some standing grenadier regiments in the Prussian Army.

I also finally finished off the last stand of 2er Reiter Regiment for 1941 - my Pioneer Platoon all ready for a game tomorrow.
Flame and Horse

Last but not least I also flocked the anti-tank batteries for Soviet Infantry I showed previously:
47mm ATGs
I keep plodding on but I really need to tidy my shed and work board (which I use to bring my work inside so I can listen out for kids).


No comments:

Post a Comment