Monday 24 April 2017

Morecambe Bay Storm On a Roll

So I had fully expected to have a slightly down post today about how we'd given Terriers a good game but we'd lost after fatigue slowly set in.
Not sure about that tackling position
Photo courtesy of Steve Layfield
Well I can't say that because (despite a few nerves near the end), we got a 22-20 victory up in Ulverston and with it a 2 and 0 record heading into our 1st home game next week against the Senators. Two touchdowns by Dion Feather and one from Adam "Boo-Boo" Horrobin along with a defensive safety gave us a nervy win.

I can honestly say this was a much better feeling than the other week against Lightning - that felt like a done deal at half time. This time it went right down to the wire with Tom Smith recovering the fumbled snap to finally kill off the game so the relief led to more emotion at the end; this backed up by the fact we lost twice to Walney last year without scoring a point as well and my missus and youngest being there to support me!
Goal Line Defence
Photo by Dave Nicholls
Today I feel battered and bruised - I played all but one play at Right End - definitely prefer it at Safety but any game time is good game time and had fun. Don't think I made any big whiffs - its hard to tell if you're doing a good job if you're on contain. Couple went outside but not much, have to wait until see game tape. Game report to follow on MBS Facebook and web page.


No comments:

Post a Comment