Monday 1 August 2016

Frostgrave Warband Green

So I first put these models together back in August last year and I've finally got a warband competed (well still need to do the bases). To identify mine from the missus' I've used green on every model (as opposed to the blue on the other force). Anyone, due to my Enchanter looking a bit Nordic, I've gone with that theme - cherry picked the helmets I feel match and even painted the symbol for Thor on my Man-At-Arms' shield. And in deference to my most recent guilty pleasure Acquisitons Incorporated my Warband is named Grønn Flamme.

Complete Warband
I do have more than 500 points here to allow for growth in further missions - I may need more as time goes by too.
Heidr and Bjarnn
Master and apprentice. My only slight issue with these is the rule where wizards always have a better fight value than the apprentice - Bjarnn is significantly bigger than any of my other figures.
Heidr and Bjarnn with all the things they may need.
Infantrymen
This is the core of my force, 3 infantrymen who can really deal the damage - as I've stated I recently won a copy of "Into the Breeding Pits" and our battles may primarily take place underground - alternatively in the "Hunting the Golem" mini campaign. Ordinarily I probably would have taken a bunch of thugs and thieves for a normal game.
Infantrymen again - including a nice green scarf
I will probably go a bit more shooter heavy in future but for now I only have the 2 in my force, although I intend to get some offensive weapons for my Wizards.
Tracker and Archer
Really like this Archer model and how its come out - used a bit darker brown for his clothes and think it really works.
Tracker and Archer
Also really like how the wraps (can't really call them boots) and the quills look - I will get some better pictures once based.
Man-At-Arms and Thief
These pictures do not do justice - I really like my Man-At-Arms - so much that I'm probably going to build my next DnD character around him. I did the thief in grey with thoughts of making his smock mottled and sneaky looking but I haven't dry dusted the mottle effect on yet.
Man-At-Arms and Thief with his dirty sack.
So there they are - I hope to get my other warband painted asap and then I'll probably base them all together - I also need to get some monsters and things.





No comments:

Post a Comment