Thursday 20 August 2015

Tour of Darkness Intro

So I've got most of the basic models based and undercoated and have made a few plans for buildings. I have also started to put together the first mission plan as well as an idea of how I'm going to run the campaign.

As previously posted I'd like to re-highlight the outstanding response from Baker Company upon me having issues with some of their models - there was a response within minutes of me emailing them and a promise to replace the affected models.

The campaign plan is to base the initial few missions around a Squad sized formation with a load of new recruits. The player characters will all be newly recruited grunts who have just arrived in country and been attached to a seriously depleted formation. One player will play a newly raised 2nd Lt. who is attached to the squad to learn the ropes (due to the company having its full complement of officers and therefore being put in as a platoon CO).

So squad make up will initially be

2nd Lt (attached) - Player character

Sergeant - NPC
Rifleman - ?
Rifleman - ?
Grenadier - ?

Corporal - NPC
Rifleman - ?
Machine-Gunner - ?
Assistant Gunner - ?

May also have RTO or medic attached dependent on mission and support.

I am using the Savage Worlds gaming system for this campaign and taking my inspiration off Tim in Saskatoon, I will give extra bennies for characters giving backgrounds as well as official after mission reports and/or diary entries/letters home.

As soon as I get any of this I will post this. Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this so let me know when it's happening!
    Also if you would like me ot have any idea about rules then send me a link or something!

    Cheers
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon, I'm going to run a practice game with some generic grunts to test out combat, interrogation and notice/stealth rolls. Then we can make the characters appropriately.

      Delete