Thursday 13 August 2015

Frostgrave Models

As I've said previously, I play boardgames with my girlfriend (she really likes Pandemic, Lords of Waterdeep, Carcassonne) but I've never really interested her in miniature gaming. Then last month I read in Wargames Illustrated about Frostgrave. And after irritating her until she read the article, she seemed genuinely excited.

So I took the plunge and ordered a few bits and pieces to flesh out our forces. Initially I ordered the rules, 3 wizard packs (Enchanter, Witch and Summoner) and the soldier pack to build up the warbands. I've not got any 28mm models so this was a first step and I had nothing already painted to fill out gaps unfortunately.

Even more unfortunately, upon this lot arriving, we went about putting together our lists only for JT to demand a warhound! So I may have "had to" order some more and in turn ordered the warhound/tracker pack, demons, wolves, constructs and snow leopard/ice toad pack.

So just a little to paint up. So far I've been fairly productively putting together warband members (whilst planning a Tour of Darkness campaign and watching Supernatural from the beginning - for inspiration).
Shooters (without heads)

Thieves

Infantrymen (without heads)

Men-at-arms/Knights 

Thugs

Barbarian

Treasure Hunter

Heads/Spare Arms/Other Equipment
Sorry for quality of pictures, wanted to get an idea of where I was up to but camera though otherwise. As I said before this is going at a reasonable pace and excited to play it.

Also if theres anyone in Lancaster area who wants to be involved in my Tour of Darkness Campaign let me know - I'll get pictures on here of these figures soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment