Wednesday 26 September 2018

Rommel Updates



I've not had much opportunity to get out to game recently but I'm really motivated to be modelling at the moment. As such I've decided to make myself a Rommel playkit which can be transported easily including scenery, baseboard and minis. I've no pictures for you today so you'll have to use your imagination for now.

I picked Rommel as the grid format reduces things I need to transport as well as meaning that I have a Rommel setup for the future without having to mark it out each time. I have decided to have a play at making desert scenery which I hope to make available soon at Board and Sword and online. There are also a large amount of scenarios on Sam Mustafa's website for the desert.

For the board I have taken two 2'x4' sheets of mdf and hinged them together. I then marked 4" squares across them and I've painted these using various shades of sand from tester pots. I may need to remark my grid, for most scenarios I won't need the entirety of the board but its a good space that I can always cover in a green cloth to play Bolt action etc upon.

For hills I have made some small tokens using polystyrene and filler. I finished by coating in my black paint and PVA mix, overbrushing yellow and sprinkling with sand. I also made a few with rock faces (having a play with cork boulders for first time).

Image may contain: food
I lied - I found a picture
For minis, I am going to be using some counters for now - however I cam looking at getting some armies made up using either 6mm or 3mm - whichever is the more cost effective. I'd love suggestions on this - specifically for desert usage as I am going to continue using my 10mm collection for NWE and Eastern front.

So hopefully I'm going to catalogue everything I have made this year over next couple of days. If anyone likes what they then see and would like some then contact me and I can see what I can do. If you live in North Lancashire then we can arrange to meet up and you can see my samples in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment