Tuesday 10 January 2017

Bolt Action Force Orbat Take 1

I have stated previously that I paint more when I have a specific targeted plan in place. So at the moment I have my 1501 point boxset (as well as an extra MMG I've ordered) which I've assembled and undercoated. However I wanted to break it up a little and as such have come with an initial 750 point army (needed anyway for practicing for tourney play). I've already painted the "normal squad" and am now moving onto the assault rifle squad and support.

Generic Reinforced Platoon (Armies of Germany v13) (748pts)

Hitler's Buzzsaw, Initiative Training
  • Headquarters (103pts)

    • Platoon Commander (103pts)

      • Oberleutnant (103pts)

        SMG, Veteran (90pts)
        • Veteran Soldier (13pts)

          Rifle
  • Infantry (346pts)

    • Fallschirmjaeger Squad (Late War) (156pts)

      7x Veteran Soldier (91pts)
      • Veteran NCO (16pts)

        SMG (3pts)
      • Veteran Soldier with LMG (33pts)

        LMG (20pts)
        LMG Loader, Team Weapon
      • Veteran Soldier with SMG (16pts)

        SMG (3pts)
    • Fallschirmjaeger Squad (Late War) (190pts)

      Veteran Soldier (13pts)
      • Veteran NCO (18pts)

        Assault Rifle (5pts)
      • 7x Veteran Soldier With Assault Rifle (126pts)

        7x Assault Rifle (35pts)
      • Veteran Soldier with LMG (33pts)

        LMG (20pts)
  • Infantry Support (234pts)

    • Anti-tank Team (104pts)

      • Panzerschreck Team (104pts)

        Veteran (104pts)
    • Medium Machine Gun Team (65pts)

      Veteran (65pts)
    • Mortar Team (65pts)

      • Medium Mortar Team (65pts)

        Veteran (65pts)
  • Tanks, Tank Destroyers, Self-propelled Artillery and Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (65pts)

    • SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2 (65pts)

      Regular (65pts)

I can't recommend Battlescribe enough - has most if not all of the available units and gives all the important details (I've removed the stat lines here for space purposes). Most importantly it does all the maths without you constantly questioning yourself if you've done it right.

I get that these games are by there very nature "gamey" but I want to keep my force both historically accurate (or at least reasonably so) and so my whole infantry force is Veteran throughout rather than saving some points by making mortars regular etc. The Flakwagon is support from Corps level so I don't have a problem with this being regular. I'm also basing my force as a unit in Italy in 1943-1944 so no Panzerfausts for me as sources I've read state they weren't issued until late 1944 on that front. I'm not too bothered as at 750 I'm hoping there won't be too many vehicles too worry about as my Schreck team can't be everywhere at once.

Having said all this, I only decided on all this AFTER I put together the models so I have attached Panzerfausts as recommended on the box - A few spare sprues are going to be ordered to replace these.

Anyway we'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment