Monday 18 January 2016

Late World War 2 German

So, these aren't new models but I want to find out exactly what I've got and organise it. So here in part 1 is the rest of my German Infantry forces, this time late war.
3 Rifle Regiments
First up, a full strength Fallschirmjager Regiment with additional support elements. These were really fun to paint (if a bit fiddly).
1st Battalion
The paint scheme was (something like); Grey helmet, dark green trousers, light green smock with dark green and brown camouflage. As I said bit fiddly but a bit of a break from the mundane. (Hopefully DPM should work similarly).
Regimental HQ
As per usual I made the antennae with spare paint brush hairs. Might upgrade to steel bars if I ever get the urge.
2nd Battalion
3rd Battalion
I've seen various orbats so excluding the battalion 8cm Mortars, I have kept the assets separate. 
120cm Mortars
Pak 40 7.5cm Anti Tank Guns
15cm Infantry Guns
10.5cm Artillery with FOO
Also available are some Corps assets. With some of these I've played around with the basing a bit (especially to protect StuG barrels).

Flak 36 8.8cm Anti Aircraft
StuH '42
StuG III
StuG III
Also I have a significantly understrength Infantry Regiment with minimal assets. These were bought for games in Netherlands when the German Army was putting anything into the line to hold the gap.

I will flock these at some point, and the Pak 40 (from Skytrex) will probably be upgraded.



No comments:

Post a Comment