Monday 25 January 2016

British Paratroopers and Canadian Infantry

So here are my WW2 Paratroopers and Canadian Infantry - based upon 1st British Airbourne and 3rd Canadian infantry Respectively.


The support elements are interchangeable (at the moment)as I don't have enough for both - eventually I intend to have enough to field both divisions concurrently but at the moment either my Canadians represent the Air Landing (Glider) Brigade or the Paras represent standard infantry.
British/Commonwealth Forces
I had organised my Parachute Battalions as having 4 companies each as per standard infantry however I now believe that the Paras only had 3 companies per battalion. I will leave this as is until I get the other parachute brigade - this also means that I can use them for standard infantry in the meanwhile.
1st Parachute Brigade
1st Parachute Battalion
2nd Parachute Battalion - Lt. Col. John (Anthony Hopkins)  Frost Commanding
3rd Parachute Battalion
I have played around with a few rule variants for these in terms of the drops but haven't finalised as yet - once I do I will post them. For our Spearkrieg rules, I count the Paras as SMG armed Rifles - so 5 attack at 3" - 4 attack at 6".
Canadian Infantry Brigade (Probably 7th)
In various states of basing, the uniforms of the Canadians are identical to British Infantry but greener. I have enough left to field at least one more brigade, maybe more and I will complete the Division eventually.
Brigade HQ Stands
The equivalent of Regimental commands in other armies.
Engineer Squadrons
British (Commonwealth) forces are not the easiest to work out what is what interchanging regiment, battalion, brigade, company and squadron for various different units. I then have numerous support elements which can be attached to either.
Heavy Machine Guns
6 pdr Anti Tank Guns
17 pdr Anti Tank Guns
Then a few purely for my Paratroopers. I have some artillery support as well as some jeeps complete with appropriate berets. To represent the transport I have scratch built some gliders out of matchsticks.
Pack 75mm Howitzers. Not a massive punch but can't fit much in a glider.
Airbourne Jeeps
"This signpost looks funny sir!"
So that is it so far, I hope to be able to field both of these as division sized forces separately and in unfinished models I'm a good chunk of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment