Thursday 3 November 2016

Terrain Tiles (Part 3)

Continuing working on the terrain tile project, and today I have an update. I found a pack of 8 sheets of 2'x6' hardboard (which works out as 24 2' squares) for £52 to good starting point!

I have also designed the basic designs for 24 tiles as a combination of plain, streams, hills etc
Stream/River Tiles
I didn't want to make any waterways too wide so that they can be used for multiple scales. A such these are 1" wide.
Hills
These are for significant hills, obviously smaller hills can be added across any of the other tiles.
Coast tiles
Can be used as a three like this and have a wide front or use 2 and go deeper (on a 6 tile table).
Trench Tiles
These won't be as extensive as my previous trench tiles as they need to drop down to the same level.
All the tiles!
At the same time i've been rethinking how to make the tiles. Rather than base then polystyrene, I'm thinking of using a base sheet, topped by 1" blocks at corners (stepped back by the depth if the sheets) and another sheet on top (as well as strips round edge to fill gaps).  
Just add the top
For areas with depressions (streams, trenches), I would do the same but the top would be made of two board strips at either side and the gap would be made of polystyrene.
Stream design
Probably a delay on this going ahead as DW is getting married tomorrow! WOOT!!!
On another note I have got some mdf laser cut buildings for Frostgrave - so pics soon and I will hopefully get some more games in.



No comments:

Post a Comment