Wednesday 9 January 2013

Start of Something New

So first of all I'd like to say thanks to everyone following this :) and also to everyone who's given advice and comments - but more comments on here please :p.

The terrain building has been temporarily been put on hold as I'm moving to Lancaster in a couple of weeks time but as part of that it brings new opportunities which I will now proceed to bore you with as well as some questions that I'm hoping some of you may have some answers to.

Firstly, I have really started to get back into tabletop boardgaming playing with a bunch of friends some old favourites like Monopoly alongside some which I'd heard of but had never played like Munchkin and Carcassone - both brilliant games.

As such I would like to set up a boardgaming club in Lancaster, playing any games people bring along, maybe a few drinks, maybe try out some RPGs. So any suggestions as to location or anyone who wants to get involved get in touch :)

Secondly, and related, I'd like to find a set of rules for Star Wars Skirmish. Simple you say? Well give me some suggestions. They need to be either RPG rules which kind of work as wargaming rules or wargaming rules which have an RPG element. I have an idea for a brilliant scenario based on a book by Timothy Zahn which I won't describe for obvious reasons.


Finally, as I mentioned earlier I'm moving. As such I won't have all of my modelling stuff at first and I've got one box to fit a selected amount of stuff. What do you think I need in there so I can continue with as much painting and modelling as possible.

Cool Beans :p

4 comments:

  1. Hey man, loving the blog! In terms of Star Wars skirmish games I have adapted, but never playtested, the Games Workshop Inquisitor rules set to get a Star Wars game. It already comes with rules for deflecting laser blasts and bullets with power swords and psychic abilities akin to Jedi powers and has a structure to even out super powered characters verses many lesser characters. It's a semi-RPG rule set as well, good for one off skirmishes and longer campaigns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aber. I'll have a look at that. My initial though had been to use the LOTR rules from Games Workshop which our clubs converted to use with Star Wars. But it doesn't have any sort of feature for the use of charisma or investigation etc.

      Delete
    2. Defo try the Inquisitor then. The rules are available for free from the Games Workshop site as well now in resources: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480007a&categoryId=6700005a&section=&aId=21500020a

      Decent set of rules and very flexible.

      Delete
    3. I'll have a look at those. I'm also thinking Savage Worlds or maybe even invest into Gates of Antares - not sure of the exact mechanics but definitely going to give it a look-see

      Delete