Thursday 7 July 2016

German EW Bicycle Battalion

Just to prove I am painting and its not all words:
Bicycle Battalion
The glues still drying on the bases but this is the core of the battalion. As per usual Pendraken figures and I have the command stand and support elements still to do but they should take little time.

To be honest I'm not necessarily working very efficiently for the purposes of the blog - what paint time I get now is wedged into small time gaps so I try and get as much done in one go as possible. So at the moment I have these, early war German support elements (37mm ATGs, MG42s, Mortars), Fallschirmjager AA Support, Numidian Cavalry, Carthaginian Forces, Prussian Seven Years War Infantry (in 6mm) all on my table - you can see some of the mess in the background.

Now I need an actual rule set to use for Seven Years War (6mm). I'm probably going to base battalion groups on 3" x 1.5" bases as per Volley and Bayonet but I've also got a copy of Osprey's "Honours of War" rules which use multiple stands per battalion. Now I might be able to amend these and use markers to show casualties, formations etc but are there any others people could suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment